Young People are referred to the Libra School by Local Authority Education, Social Services and Health Departments from around the country. Libra works with boys and girls between the ages of 5 and 18 years old.

The Libra School accepts Day and Residential pupils across all Key Stages.

The Libra School provides for young people with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties, and young people with special educational needs who can be exceptionally challenging.

Day Pupils

The Libra School accepts day pupils who have special educational needs beyond those that a normal mainstream school can manage. We are highly effective at meeting the needs of these pupils and managing complex and difficult behaviours.

Children settle and feel a sense of belonging quickly allowing them to progress and achieve. The Libra School works closely with other schools, parents and professionals to support a child to manage a transition either into or from the Libra School.

Residential Care and Education

Most of the children referred to the Libra School for Residential Care and Education have experienced a combination of traumatic episodes and have suffered physical, severe emotional and sexual abuse and or neglect. Such problems have often been compounded by multiple placements and unsuccessful attempts to foster and have resulted in extensive disruption to a child’s education and or care and a feeling of self-worth within the child. In addition under-achievement, non-school attendance, involving in criminal (often destructive) behaviour and little or no regard for boundaries are often characteristic of referrals.

The best way to see what we do here at Libra is to come and see us. If you would like to discuss a young person referral please contact us at:

The Libra School, Edgemoor Court, South Radworthy, South Molton, Devon, EX36 3LN.

Telephone: 01598 740044 E-mail:

In order for the school to consider any referrals ideally we require the following information:

  • Statement of Special Educational Needs (if applicable)
  • Education Psychologist report (if available)
  • School Reports
  • Core Assessment (for Residential only)
  • Monthly Reports from current provider (for Residential only)
  • Referral Document